|You can change or reset the caroot password used by the Server Backup component.
To reset the caroot password:
- On the server where you want to change or reset the caroot password, open a command prompt and browse to the drive on which the Server Backup component is installed.
- In the ARCserve folder, enter the following command at the prompt:
The Server Backup component services stop.
- In Windows Explorer, browse to the folder: x:\Program Files\CA\BrightStor ARCserve Backup\Data\Discovery and locate the folder with the name of your server.
- Rename this folder.
- At the command prompt, enter the following command to restart the Server Backup component services:
- Enter the following at the command prompt:
where “password” is your new caroot password.
- Close the command prompt and open the native Server Backup component Manager using the new password.