How to Change TeamViewer ID after cloning
TeamViewer ID Fix for Windows
- Download and run the script on the imaged machine. It is recommended to right click and run as administrator.
- The console window will update if the script was applied successfully. You will then be prompted to restart before changes take effect (the console window will automatically close).
TeamViewer ID Fix 1.4 for MAC
- Download and run the app on the appropriate machine.
- If successful, you will be prompted to restart in order for changes to take effect. Upon restarting, TeamViewer will assign a new ID if not already unique.
There are many tutorials on the internet that shows how to change a Teamviewer ID after cloning a VM but i found no instruction that shows me how to keep the ID on the original machine and change the ID on the new VM – without deleting any registry keys.
I got this Solution from the Teamviewer Support!
1. At the VM you want to keep the ID
- navigate in the registry to:
- add a new D-WORD value (32 bit).
Name of the value: MIDForceUpdate
Value: 3 (hex/deci)
2. At the VM you want to change the ID
Only if Teamviewer was executed and/or installed follow these steps:
- stop Teamviewer(!)
- navigate to:
Delete the VersionX (e.g. Version7) folder.
- restart the computer
- start Teamviewer – now Teamviewer should renew the ID
What does MID Force Update do?
MIDForceUpdate tells the Teamviewer server that the machine XYZ has the ID XXX-XXX-XXX. This entry forces every other machine with the same ID to renew it.